Recent Blog Posts
CSMLS is Celebrating 75 Years in 2012!
CSMLS has had the pleasure of serving our members over the past 75 years. Since 1937, medical laboratory technologists (MLTs) and medical laboratory assistants (MLAs) have relied on our organization to provide the most up-to-date news, events, and information to remain informed of what matters most to their professions. As the national certifying body and the national professional society, CSMLS has been proudly representing medical laboratory professionals within Canada.
On May 20th, 2012, CSMLS officially marks its 75th anniversary. Throughout the year, CSMLS will be commemorating the historical milestones and achievements that the organization has successfully accomplished.
The goals and objectives at the time that the Society was incorporated still reflect what the organization is trying to achieve in today’s day and age. It still remains The Voice of Medical Laboratory Science in Canada.
The goals of the Society in 1937 were:
- To improve the qualifications and standing of medical technicians in Canada
- To promote research endeavors in all branches of laboratory work
- To ensure, by examination in practical and theoretical knowledge, fully qualified technicians and to grant to them a Certificate as an Associate of the Society
- To promote closer co-operation between the medical profession and the technician
- To more efficiently aid the doctor in diagnosing and treating disease
Featured Memory From Our Members
My first Congress experience was 1999, in Toronto. I remember the scientific program as being intriguing, informative and challenging for a new grad. I watched with wonder as the CSMLS promoted the 2000 World Congress in Vancouver. An event members still talk about. And I remember seeing educators, techs and managers hugging long lost friends and forming new friendships. Something I still love seeing every year when we reunite in another city… "