Welcome Alberta! The purpose of this Provincial Celebration Blog is to keep you informed and updated on how your province will commemorate the 75th anniversary of CSMLS. Check back often to find out what your Provincial Celebration Committee is planning. Whether it is a special event or promo giveaways, you want to stay informed and not miss out on what is to come. Be part of the celebrations in 2012 in honoring this special milestone for CSMLS!
Rhonda Shea · April 23rd, 2012 · AB
It’s here! National Med Lab Week 2012 and this year, it’s extra special, as we are celebrating the CSMLS 75th anniversary this year.
Dynalife, Calgary Lab Services and Alberta Health Services all have something very special in mind to help their staff celebrate.
Keep your eyes peeled for details within your organization as to how they are planning on celebrating the CSMLS 75th annivesary!
Rhonda Shea · February 2nd, 2012 · AB
Planning for the Made-in-Alberta celebrations for the CSMLS 75th anniversary has begun!
The activities planned to date include an Online Scavenger Hunt and a Contest to Win 1 of 4 trips to Gatineau, Quebec for LABCON2012!
Want to know more? Keep checking this Blog!
More details to follow!
Rhonda Shea · October 17th, 2011 · AB
I wanted to share with you the planned activities/events for Alberta in celebrating the 75th anniversary of CSMLS in 2012.
I’m excited for everyone to get involved and attend as many of these as possible.
So far, the plan for Alberta is as follows:
- Most events will begin early in 2012 and culminate in the National Medical Laboratory Week (NMLW)
- There will be a contest held throughout the province where the winners will be sent to the CSMLS LABCON 2012 in Gatineau, Québec – this is where the majority of the money will be spent – winners to be announced on the Friday of NMLW
- Nominees of the grand prize must have demonstrated particular characteristics that are yet to be determined – more about this later
- Promotional materials (pocket protectors, etc) will distributed to CSMLS members throughout the province prior to NMLW
- Puzzles and games will be distributed throughout the province
- The “Blood Matters” campaign will continue (please ask if you need more details) with the zone/site winner being announced during NMLW
- Zone/site specific NMLW activities will proceed as they always have
- The funding can only be used for those who are CSMLS members, however, those who decide to become members during the annual practice permit renewal process will be eligible for the contest, as practice permit renewal will occur prior to January and the contest will run from January to April 2012
- There may be an opportunity for a draw for a free CSMLS membership for first-time subscribers – details of this have yet to be explored
- Laboratory professionals are encouraged to share stories of laboratory-related experiences on the CSMLS 75th anniversary website and on this very blog
- I will be working with the communications departments from the major laboratory service providers to ensure that everyone is kept in the loop
Please get involved – I’d love to hear from you!
Rosita Carobelli-Zukowski · September 28th, 2011 · global
Hi everyone! My name is Rosita and I’ll be moderating the Provincial Celebration Blog. I’m looking forward to seeing all the ideas, plans, photos and events as they unfold over the course of 2012.
Be engaged and get involved! Don’t hesitate to ask, I’m here to help. I encourage you all to leave comments that will encourage discussions online. The CSMLS 75th anniversary micro-site has been developed as an avenue to share your memories, stories and photos to help recognize how the medical laboratory profession has evolved over all these years. And continues to evolve!
I look forward to reading all the blog entries and comments to see how each province will be putting its own unique touch on celebrating and honoring the 75th anniversary of CSMLS in 2012.
Feel free to have your say in the comments section below or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will help answer any questions you may have.