Welcome Manitoba! The purpose of this Provincial Celebration Blog is to keep you informed and updated on how your province will commemorate the 75th anniversary of CSMLS. Check back often to find out what your Provincial Celebration Committee is planning. Whether it is a special event or promo giveaways, you want to stay informed and not miss out on what is to come. Be part of the celebrations in 2012 in honoring this special milestone for CSMLS!
Marlene Dinelle · January 16th, 2012 · MB
I have lots to report on our upcoming 75th Anniversary celebrations!!
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Set up a display, or do a presentation about your profession. This presentation can be used to target patients, health care workers, or the community
- Take a picture of your display and email it to me.
- Remember to send a list of names and contact information of all the technologists involved in your presentation/celebration.
- Contest closes May 15th, 2012
- Presentations are not judged. All the names of participants will be entered into a draw.
- Ten (10) Lucky Winners will receive $50.00 to put towards their 2013 CSMLS registration.
- Draws will be made at the first Provincial Conference planning meeting after the deadline date.
TO REGISTER, please contact me at email@example.com .
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Update on 75th Anniversary Gala Dinner
The Gala Dinner will be October 2nd (During the Provincial Conference, October 2 & 3 in Winnipeg)
As promised, it will be a fabulous night with great entertainment and prizes galore.
I am still looking for information on the history of Laboratory Technology in Manitoba.
I would like to put together a history for everyone to view at the Dinner.
Talk to you soon,
Marlene Dinelle · November 1st, 2011 · MB
Hello everyone! My name is Marlene Dinelle and I am proud to be the member appointed to represent Manitoba for the 75th Anniversary of the CSMLS. I look forward to celebrating with you all. This is a very special time for our profession.
Everything is in the planning stages so far, but here are a few ideas for the celebration:
- Supplying every member with a keepsake from the Province
- Putting together the history of Medical Laboratory Technologists and Assistants in our province. With this, I will need a lot of help. If any of you have information, old pictures, or even memories, please share them with myself and the province. I hope to put together a power point presentation on this subject.
- Celebrating National Medical Laboratory Week (NMLW). Some suggestions are that someone could win their CSMLS dues for 2013! If you have any ideas for a contest, let me know.
- The largest portion of the celebration will be at the Provincial conference in Winnipeg in October 2012. There are plans already made for a “Gala” dinner. Hopefully, this occasion will be used to get acquainted with colleagues, old and new. We are hoping that as many people as possible will attend the conference. Why not enjoy some great food and fun while getting those much needed CE credits!!!!!!
I am looking forward to your thoughts and ideas.
Come out and celebrate Manitoba!!!!
Rosita Carobelli-Zukowski · September 28th, 2011 · global
Hi everyone! My name is Rosita and I’ll be moderating the Provincial Celebration Blog. I’m looking forward to seeing all the ideas, plans, photos and events as they unfold over the course of 2012.
Be engaged and get involved! Don’t hesitate to ask, I’m here to help. I encourage you all to leave comments that will encourage discussions online. The CSMLS 75th anniversary micro-site has been developed as an avenue to share your memories, stories and photos to help recognize how the medical laboratory profession has evolved over all these years. And continues to evolve!
I look forward to reading all the blog entries and comments to see how each province will be putting its own unique touch on celebrating and honoring the 75th anniversary of CSMLS in 2012.
Feel free to have your say in the comments section below or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will help answer any questions you may have.